Rec Xpress Recipe: Feel Good Frittata
Don’t throw away veg that is nearly ready for its migration to the compost.
Use it up in this feel-good Frittata that is perfect for a brekky/lunch or a snack and great for lunch boxes!
• 6 eggs
• 2tbsp of milk or milk alternative
• ½ cup of self raising flour (GF works too)
• 1 tbsp of Chia seeds – Optional but this one gives a boost of omega 3 and good fats!
• ½ cup of parmesan cheese
• 4 tbs of olive oil
• Salt to taste
Chop up any veg that needs to be used in the fridge but we used…
• ¼ butternut pumpkin
• ½ capsicum
• 1 zucchini
• 10 cherry tomatoes
• ½ onion
• 2 handfuls of spinach
• 2 cloves of garlic
1. Chop up all veg ingredients and bake with 1 tbsp of oil in the oven on 180 degrees for 30 mins or until cooked/slightly caramelised. (spinach I saved and put in later)
2. While this is baking crack the eggs in a bowl, add milk and whisk for a couple mins. Sift flour in and mix through, add in chia seeds and parmesan cheese, 3 tbsp of olive oil and keep mixing! Doesn’t have to be super smooth.
3. Once the veg is cooked let it cool for 10 mins before combining all ingredients.
4. Pour into a baking tray (lined with baking paper or buttered/oiled to prevent sticking) and cook for 20-30 mins or until golden brown.
5. Feel free to add some herbs/dried herb mix and salt and pepper here to taste too!
Serve with half an avocado, tomato chutney, sprinkle of Dukkha!
This will make about 6-8 servings.
Use within 4 days in the fridge or freeze in portions and keep for 3-4 months.