Rec Xpress Recipe: San Choy Bao
This delicious Healthy Low-Carb San Choy Bao recipe has all of the taste of the traditional Chinese dish, and it is really easy to make!
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 2 large garlic clove, crushed
• 250g lean pork/beef/chicken mince
• 3 tablespoons of soy sauce (or to taste)
• 2 tablespoons of honey (or to taste)
• Lemon juice (to taste)
• Lettuce leaves
• San Choy Bao sauce
1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in pan
2. Add onion and garlic and cook until golden brown
3. Add mince and simmer until cooked
4. While the mince is cooking, grate carrot, rinse lettuce leaves to dry, rinse and chop up some coriander leaves and crush the cashews
5. Add soy sauce and honey to mince mixture just after it is cooked and mix through.
1. Squeeze lemon juice on mince
2. Place mince mixture in the middle of your leaves
3. Top with freshly grated carrot, crushed cashews and coriander leaves
4. Serve with a dollop of San Choy Bao sauce!